hi, i had an acl sprain or minor tear in my left knee in january. About 4 months after in april i began physical therapy. The therapist gave me strenghtening excercises to do which i have been doing a couple times a week, however i have been slacking off lately the reason being is that i dont see a lot of difference and because my knee is still unstable. does any one (hopefully an orthepedist) know if full stability will come back and if it does how long would it take? It is not a full tear so i hope i wont need surgery since i already had surgery on my right knee 4 weeks ago

I would say that it should come back to normal by now but if you dont' stick to your regimen, you can't tell if you're recovering properly or not. Your knee should stabilize so I'd say try the exercises regularly. If it's still not working, then you need to consult on it. Does that make sense?