Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


What is the connection between acne diet and hormones? Can anyone explain me this. I am totally confused. I don’t understand how something like a diet can cause the acne. I know people who were on a diffent diet and they never had problems. So, In the end I read that diet doesn’t play role in the acne and then after few years that it does.

Loading...


It has been a subject of great debate, but now it's becoming clear that diet or food items may not directly cause acne, but the chemicals released during the metabolism of certain food items directly influence factors causing acne. Acne is caused by extra sebum production which is stimulated by the male hormone. Meat contains hormones and hormone-like substances which can affect the hormonal balance in body, so women who regularly eat meat are more likely to suffer from acne, which is probably caused by the steroids and hormones present in meat. In 90% of acne patients, acne is caused by consuming foods that can cause acne whereas in the rest of 10% patients, it is caused by hormones.
Reply

Loading...