Hi, I tried everything to reduce acne, and I’m losing hope! Please give me some advice how to make my face cleaner, I’m afraid that I will have lots of scars in couple of years if I don’t act now. My last solution is to start a diet and cut all the fats. What do you think about that?

Hi, you didn’t say how old are you. If you’re younger than 22, than you probably have imbalanced hormones. In puberty, testosterone can often cause acne appearing, because it triggers production of sebum bigger than usual. However, if you’re older than 22, you might have some problem with your skin. There is bacteria called Propionibacterium that causes skin inflammation and acne. If you have this problem, the best solution would be some antibacterial soap with natural antibiotics. You are also right about nutrition, it can affect acne appearing very much. You should avoid mayonnaise and other foods with lots of fat. You should also avoid putting make up on your acne, because it could make your problem even worse than it is.