Hello, I am 24 years old and I have big problem with cystic acne which I get each month before my period. I am using some facial cleanser and lotion with antibiotics, but my cystic acnes keep coming back. What can I do about it?

Cystic acnes are one of the most frustrating types of acne lesions to deal with. They are painful and they leave the scars too. In my case they are triggered by hormones during the menstrual cycle and I am pretty sure that is your case too. For some unknown reason, the skin's oil glands become hypersensitive to this cascade of hormones, and react by overproducing sebum. In fact, that the oil gland itself becomes engorged, swollen, and hardened with the excess and unable to push the extra oil into the lining of the hair follicle, the gland bursts underneath the skin. I am treating them with Accutane, but again that may not be the best solution for you.