Hi, I have problem with acne on my face. My weight is normal and I never had problems with overweight. I’ve been told that chocolate, caffeine can cause acne and I’m avoiding it since than. I use facial cleansers regularly and have undergone professional cosmetic treatment, my face was clear for a wile but the acne appeared again.

The connection between diet and problems with acne has been subject of many studies, some of them led to the conclusion that chocolate, caffeine, and sweets can cause acne. Some other researches show that all sorts of refined food, which is represented in Western countries (with high-glycemic index) can by complex mechanism of hormones lead to acne and that diet based on natural food fruits, vegetables, seafood, grains, which people gather or grow themselves doesn’t have that effect. Many other professionals don’t agree that there is any connection between diet and acne and there are studies to confirm this. Obesity also has been indicated as related to acne, but it hasn’t been proved either.
You may have elevated androgen hormones level, which can cause acne, hirsuitism (excessive hair growth). You can have this checked easily by measuring the level of hormones. In this case, taking birth control pills might relief your problem, but you must see your doctor for that.