My son had blocked nose for a years, so his doctor thought we need to solve this problem. After some exams, he found out what causes this problem. He confirmed that his adenoids became very large and blocks nasal passage. He recommended him to do adenoids surgery. I guess that is logical solution, but I am a little bit afraid and I want to know more about this operation.

The adenoids are small pads of tissue found behind the back of our nose and above the throat. They cannot be seen just by looking in the mouth. Adenoids can become very large and block the eustachian tubes. Those are the tubes from the middle ears to the back of the nose, which causes ear infections. Large adenoids can also block the nasal airway what can make your child to breathe through his mouth and snore at night. Adenoids can become infected and carry germs or bacteria. Most children will be back to normal within 24 hours after surgery. Some children may take a few days to recover, which is also normal. More snoring or nasal congestion is normal and is caused by temporary swelling in the back of patient’s nose. Bad breath is also normal and is caused by the scabs that are formed after adenoids surgery. These side effects of adenioids removal should be gone within 10 to 14 days after surgery. There should be no bleeding from the mouth or nose after adenoids surgery.