Hi. I'm 35 year old female and I have some questions about my husband present health state. He is 40 years old and about three months ago, without any special reason; he has developed some breathing difficulties. He doesn’t know how to describe it but he told me that he feels like some tissue has stuck in his throat. This was also causing him to snore very loudly at night.
So, I recommended him to see a doctor immediately which he did. Doctor determined that he has some air-way obstruction and that he will probably need some UPPP operation. Does anybody know what this UPPS operation is about?

Hello. I will tell you some facts about this UPPP operation because a good friend of mine had it done about two years ago.
UPPP is coming from the term uvulopalatopharyngoplasty operation.
This is a procedure used to remove excess tissue in the throat, which widens the airway. You have mentioned all the reasons why this operation should be performed- difficulty breathing, snoring and night at feeling of throat obstruction. There are several different techniques of performing this operation. Laser removal of tissues commonly called a laser assisted palatopharynsoplasty gained popularity few years back since because it can be done as an out patient or office procedure.
I believe that it takes about 3 weeks to recover from surgery. Good luck!