Hello, i am a 17 year old that as usually smoked 3 times a day for the past 4 months about. I had a 10 day family vacation in another country coming up, so by listening to friends suggestions, i went hard. I smoked alot in the last week before leaving. I also got a throat infection the day before we left, so i was put me on antibiotics. The whole first couple days of the trip i felt kinda out of it.

I just blamed the anti biotic and other pain meds i was on for the throat infection (Advil ect.) my family made comments of how I seemed really irritable and grumpy. I had head aches, nausea and diahriah that i blamed all on the infection.

Towards the last couple days, I started to feel weird sensations in my body, like uncomfortable tingles. Then the worst part happened. I had an anxiety attack that made me think i was going to die. It passed in about 10 minutes. throughout the last 2 days of the vacation I had 3 or 4 more of these attacks. Then as we went to the airport, an attack hit again. Except this one wouldnt go away. It lasted the entire 5 hour flight.

We've arraived back home now and I still feel the anxiety, as well as some feeling of dis-connections from others and the world. The worst part is the anxiety, i cant even take it anymore. I went to the doctor and told him i was having anviety attackes and he perscribed me pills that help a little but dont take it away for sure. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do? should I go to the hostbitle? is there something seriously wrong with me? will it pass? if so, in how long? 

Any answers would be much much much appreciated. Thank you

Heightened anxiety can be part of withdrawal. Tingles can be a symptom of that. Feeling disconnected is also often reported. I guess the best thing to do is not touch the MJ again and see if you start to feel better the next couple of weeks. In many cases any symptoms, like anxiety, will subside.

So, there is nothing wrong with you, it will pass, I cannot say how long it will take. Just comfort yourself that it will and in the meantime try to keep yourself busy physically to not focus on your thoughts...

good luck and take care

I smoked weed everyday for the past two years. Then around a month ago or so ago I started having severe panic attacks. Increased heart rate, numbness, tingly, sweating and chills, it was a mess. Then I quit smoking cold turkey. Now I am having crazy headaches, pressure in my head in all kinds of areas and its always different every day. Seeing double sometimes, my left ear goes deaf.. I hear crackling in my head and it absolutely freaks me out. And on top of that I feel like it is causing my heart to freak out. I too have a weird popping sometimes from my jaw, and major discomfort in my chest and neck. I can't even sleep on my left shoulder anymore because it hurts my chest. In fact I can barely sleep at all anymore because I fear I will never wake up. The doctors keep saying it is anxiety but I have never had anxiety my entire life. Im 21, I'm in good shape, I'm in college and have really nothing to be "anxious" about. These symptoms are real and everyone thinks I am crazy. So you are not alone. Ive had blood tests, ekg's on my heart, and all I have left is a CT scan. It is miserable. It's ruining my life.