Hi, I have noticed that whenever I have a glass or two of wine, I start to sweat a lot. I do not know if there is a medical condition that can explain this, but it is worrying me. That is why I have decided to find out something about my problem. Maybe there is no need for me to go to the doctor. What can you tell me about alcohol drinking and sweating?

Hi, just because you are sweating a bit more does not mean that you have a problem. That is our body's response to its high temperature. Sweat is cooling the body off. There are some events that can make the sweat glands work harder. As a result, you sweat more. Among others, alcohol can cause that effect. That is why you are experiencing over-sweating when drinking wine. The alcohol causes increased blood flow to the skin. Our body feels overheated and tries to cool off by sweating. But in order to be completely sure that this is the only thing that is causing your problem, a visit to the doctor is necessary.