Hi, I am 26 years old and I am practicing body building for several years. My very good friend is also exercising with me but he also drinks from time to time. We were talking about his habit to drink and he told me that he doesn't feel any side effects from drinking.
I would like to know about alcohol impact on body building.

Hi, I have to say that alcohol is very bad for everyone who practices sports. Body building is especially sensitive on alcohol consummation because of its effects on body. Alcohol is bad because it decreases strength which is very important for body builders, also is increases fatigue and has great impact on kidneys. Because of its impact on kidneys it causes dehydration. Anyway suggest to your friend to quit alcohol.

I don't think he has to quit alcohol completely but his consumption should take into consideration his training program. Consistant alcohol consumtion will lower testosterone production but a couple of drinks here and there will have little if any effect on training.