Hi. I'm 25 year old female and I have some questions about hysterectomy. You see, about a year ago I was diagnosed with some ovarian cancer that spread on uterus also.
Of course, doctor told me that removal of whole uterus along with ovaries called total hysterectomy could be the only solution.
So, I had an operation and it went well. There were now complications and I went home happy. I wish that I'm happy right now.
One year from operation and I still didn’t recover from it- mentally. I felt in some serious depression and I don’t know- did I make a right choice about all this? Please tell me –were there any other solution for me?

Hello. I see you’re upset about all this and I know the fact that you won’t be able to have kids isn’t helping you at all. You see, I know that there are some alternatives to hysterectomy because I had an operation called endometrial ablation last year.
I was diagnosed with condition called endometriosis and doctor told me that I need hysterectomy but one other doctor told me that it could also be done with this other operation.
But there is one thing you should know-it is not effective for large fibroids or cancer.
So, I really do believe that the hysterectomy was your only option because there was a big threat that cancer could spread on other parts of the body. Depression after this kind of operation is very common and there are many women who have experienced the same thing like you. Look for some professional help and join some support group- it could be more then helpful.