There’s something I’d like to know. Namely, before I started running I thought that quality shoes are those which are durable and long-lasting. But now I’m confused because I have to change my running shoes every few months, especially during winter because they either tear or become completely uncomfortable and lose shape. What is the average lifetime of a running shoe? Or it depends on the person and how much one trains?

It’s normal that your shoes lasted longer when you use them only for occasional walk. In that case they the average lifetime of a shoe stretches to couple of years or so. But when it comes to training, lifetime reduces significantly. It depends on how intensive your training is and what your feet are like. I also change my running shoes every three or four months and I think that’s an average lifetime of a running shoe. As you’ve said yourself even if it doesn’t tear it loses shape and by running in it you can cause injuries so it’s better to buy a new pair and expose yourself to a certain expense than to cause damage that will have worse consequences in the long run. No matter how quality a shoe is, it has its lifetime and this quality refers more to its comfort than to the fact how long it can last.

It really depends how you and how well you take care of your shoes, the quality, how often you wear them to run...etc.
I have noticed that running shoes can a pretty long time (6-7 months), if you are careful. One helpful hint that i was told, make sure you untie your shoes to take them off, don't try to just flip them off, doing that will cause more damage.

Even if they haven't fallen apart you should be changing your running shoes frequently anyway. On average you will loose half of the shock absorbency after about 350 miles.

We always tell our customers 6mo or 500 miles, but that changes depending on the person's weight, shoe usage and type of shoe.