Hey everyone,

I took a pregnancy test 4 days ago, 3 days after my period was due and it came out positive. I tested again 2 days ago and it was still positive but then yesterday I started spotting and I have continued to bleed very lightly overnight and this morning. When I go to the toilet I see little tiny clots. I haven't been to the Drs yet because I had only just found out. Im unsure what to do. I have had a miscarriage before but it was very heavy bleeding and lots of pain, but I was also 7 weeks along then and I would only be 5 this time. Should I go to the Dr and be checked out, or just leave it and see what happens? Is there still a chance I could be pregnant? Just very confused. My nausea went away yesterday but is back again today. I have 2 sons and never had any bleeding with them so i havent got very high hopes. Just looking for some advice thanks :)

Hi Guest,

You can have some bleeding while pregnant, especially during the first trimester.  Miscarriages early do happen, more often than most women realize.  They often appear as just a heavy period.

Without an exam I can't say you are having a miscarriage.  

See your doctor.  Pregnancy tests will not instantly tell you if you've had a miscarriage.  It can take some time for the hormone levels to drop.  

Good luck.

I would definitely see your doctor. You can bleed when you are pregnant.

Thank you so much for both of your answers. I will go for a check up with my Dr. I also think I have a uti, so that just makes things even more confusing for me. If only things were straight forward.

I just wanted to comment here in case someone else was reading this going through the same thing. Unfortunately I ended up bleeding very heavily and did have a miscarriage. My advice is if you do start spotting just rest rest rest and see a Dr as soon as possible.