I have a pretty regular cycle and always mark down when I get my period so I know my ovulation cycle... Except in January when we moved into our first home and everything was plain hectic! At some point between December and January I fell pregnant with our second baby. I can not remember having a period in January (but don't know if it is because I actually missed it or if it was just so busy I've forgotten about it). I estimate that I am somewhere between 6-10 weeks pregnant.Anyway, on Tuesday I had a small bleed which I assumed to be an implantation bleed. I wasn't too concerned because I bled all the way through my first pregnancy, quite heavily, and I had a very big and very healthy little girl in the end. So I did what I did for every bleed during my first pregnancy, I had a cup of tea and went to bed for a sleep. When I got up there was no more bleeding.

The next morning at approx 4am I went to the toilet where I had a heavy bleed. I went to my doctor at about 930am who ordered an ultrasound to determine what was going on as well as determine how far along in the pregnancy I was. By lunch time I was still having heavy bleeding and felt lots of menstrual pain. I called the hospital to discuss my symptoms and they advised I go straight to emergency which I did. I had some blood tests and after much waiting around the results said that my HCG levels were low around 950ish and the doctor said that if I was around 6 weeks pregnant I should have a reading of 1200+. I accepted that I was in the process of an early miscarriage and went home with my young family and had a little cry with my husband.

I went to the ultrasound yesterday where the women measured my yolk sac to be approx. 5 weeks in gestation but that there didn't seem to be a fetus in the egg. This somehow made me feel better, I don't know why, it just did.Today I went to my GP for another follow up and he said that the yolk sac was too small to determine whether there was anything alive in there. He made me do another urine HCG test which again returned a positive pregnancy result. He has also ordered another HCG blood test to monitor my levels (he said that if they continue to fall that I am in the process of having an early miscarriage). My problem is is that I accepted and have been grieving the lost pregnancy with my husband and now the doctor has put doubt in my head and I don't know what to think. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced heavy bleeding with clotting and cramps during their pregnancy and whether there was a reasonable explanation for their bleed. I have now had heavy bleeding for 4 days, like I have never had before and really would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. Help please. 

Waiting with baited breath for a reply :(

I'm going thru the same rite now. :( just got back from the OB office, they ran all the tests and now I have to wait for the next 4 days to see if my levels change. I've been bleeding bright red for 2 days with cramps, so my instincts are telling me this must be a miscarriage. Ugh this is so NOT fun at all.

Confirmed miscarriage for me :( My HCG levels have steadily dropped over the week. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sad but mainly I don't want to think about it. A bit of denial maybe. I hope everything works out better for you than it did for me xx

I'm in the same boat, I figure I'm about a month pregnant. I woke up Tuesday morning to bleeding like I had my period and cramping, texted a few girlfriends who has had kids and they suggested emergency room so I went to urgent care, they sent me to a bigger hospital and I stayed there the rest of the day getting work done. I went through a couple of gowns in the process, the cramping wasn't bad till I laid down and started relaxing, it moved from my hips to my groin area and I was in so much pain I was screaming. They did a pevic exam, ultrasound, urine test and blood work. They said my hormone level was around six hundred and they don't know what's wrong and to be on bed rest for the next few days and told me to come in a few days later to take a hcg level test. I called my appts to reschedule and the lady mentioned a script to get one done today one for the second and one for the fourth to see where I'm at. I go today, get blood work done and sent home. Idk what to do, I'm so lost on what's going on, nobody will tell me anything and I can't seem to find anything.

I am having these same issues right now n I am all about the web trying to figure it out as my doc doesn't seem to be as eager as I am. I would love to know how you fared in all of this. I hope it ended well.