Hello there,

I am Christina, 36 years old, I have been searching for a place to ask about my current problem that I am having and this place seems like the one fit for it. I read the past questions and answers here and since a lot of people found help here, I hope that I will get an answer as well.

I had quite a good job just a month ago when the firm I worked for totally collapsed and I had to find a new job, which I did. But now I'm having these panic attacks, they started right after I switched jobs. Does anyone know what can I do about this?

Hey Christina,

This sometimes happens to people who are a bit emotionally unstable and they have to switch jobs. It mostly happens because you were so used to your past job and now you have fear of if this is going to work out with this new job, if you are going to make some friends there, if you are going to fit in and stuff like that. These panic attacks should go away on their own as the time passes by and as you get used to your new job. Give it some time and you will see that I am right.

Well of course I am a bit nervous about my new job, who wouldn't be? I had everything on the last place where I worked and my life was just fine. Now all of a sudden I had to find a new job, I have to get used to this new surrounding and to new people which I already don't really like.

What I am trying to say is that I think that it is normal for a person to be nervous, but it isn't normal for a person to have panic attacks. I don't want to give it some time, I want to fix this now.

Oh honey, I'm sorry but you can't just fix this like that. It takes time. Depression, anxiety, and panic attacks are things that require time and in most cases, help from other people to overcome these issues. Do yourself a favor and make peace with the fact that this isn't going to go away just like that, it will take time and effort to get back to normal.

Try talking to someone who you know, someone who is close to you, and avoid talking to people from your old job, it can only make your condition even worse than it is now.

Good day everyone. The same thing happened to me. My boss didn't liked me at all so he fired me with no reason. I have tried to complain, but it didn't work. So I have decide to accept it because I do know that I am very good worker and that I am able to find another job for me. And I found it, but it was not that easy as I expected. I think that some of my colleagues back than didn't loved me so I was alone all the time. I was drinking coffee all the time, I was at the break alone...And I started to have panic attacks that I am going to be alone at this job like forever. So those panic attacks were really bad for me and my family. I didn't know what to do about it. But suddenly I realized that I am good worker enough and that they are going to need me. And they did. So everything changed very soon. You need to be positive.

Hi.

That is normal, this is some kind of anxiety and I know a lot of people who have been though this. But it can be very bad because it can affect your health as well. My good friend had this problem as well, but without having any reason to have it. So she was talking to her doctor and he told her that she should listen to some relaxing music, some good relaxing CD. So she listened to him. And it helped her a lot. I don't know is this correct, but I guess that you can't lose anything if you try it. 

Hey Hannah. I agree with you, I was listening to some relaxing music as well, especially in my car while I was driving to the work. And it was much better. Generally, things are better, much better although I'm still finding it very difficult to stop worrying about the job itself and I can't stop worrying that the same thing is going to happen to me like it was on my previous job. I am worrying about some project, but I guess that this is normal. The truth is that I do enjoy what I'm doing and am learning a lot about my new job.. .I just wonder how this worry and stress might be affecting my health and well-being in the long term? Do you know anything else that can help me relax?

Totally! It is totally normal that you are going through this. But also, there are so many good things that you can generally do about it - CD is just one of them. Have you ever tried to sleep while you are listening to relaxing music? You should, because you will feel amazing the next day. Also, some light exercise can help you feel good as well. Maybe you can try running - you will destroy all your stress and panic attacks, I am sure. Swimming is also helpful. I love to read a book, it helps me feel relaxed and less stressed. There are so many activities that you can do. Good luck!

Hey I had the same thing I had a really good job and quit because I wanted to go work with my friends. I immediately regreted it and it sent me down a path I never saw coming filled with depression and anxiety, I felt like I was going insane. I suggest stuck with the job you have but look for new jobs that you enjoy. my attacks didn't go away until I got my new job away from my friends. I wish you the best.