I have severe itching all over my arms, the lower part of my abdomen, and all over my legs, which has been going on since this last February, almost 3 months. I have have been to the Dermatologist and was told it was echzyma. Than, I tried using moisturizers and so forth. However, it didn't really get any better. It was soothing for a short while, but that was it. That is when I decided to go to the Hematologist/Oncologist and I was told that my blood work, which was not a chemisty, looked just fine. The blood they checked was healthy. So, I am still not sure what it is. It seems to get worse at night. I seem to be able to deal with it during the day. But, than, at night, it seems to get really bad. However I can sleep at night. After taking a shower and put ointment that I was prescribed, it seems to help a bit, enough to go to sleep. And, it doesn't seem to be unbarable during the day. Is it due to stress?? Maybe it has to due with being tired at night?? I do itch during the day, but only once in a while. I just want to really get rid of this itching. It is getting on my last nerves and it is annoying to others. It just won't go away....can anyone give me any answers?? I don't know where else to go?? Even my father, who is a doctor himself (not a dermatologist or hemotologist/oncologist though) can't figure it out. HELP!!!!

Hi:
It sounds like you've had great physical care. However, have you considered stress. Has there been anything going on in your life, (besides the rashes) that are causing you a great deal of stress. Perhaps you have not considered this. Stress can cause your body to do a lot of weird things. Think about it and get back to us. How have you been doing since you made this post? We'd like to hear back from you.

Mine has been going on since June 2009 I am going insane!

I had the same problem too and my itching also starts at night. Although not so severe but it feels like I would be comfortable if I scratch myself lightly all the time. It's kinda tingling feeling all over my body at different points of time. Itching starts afresh after shower and it goes down after I wake up from sleep. It started some one week ago and it increases if I kneel down or stretch my hands or legs. Now, I can' even think of folding my knees and sit on the floor for doing yoga.

I went for a blood test and am still waiting for the report. My doc prescribed me a dose benadryl and advised me to go for a thyroid test. I am still considering the thyroid test but I think it's good to get tested once and for all.

Hi, I had this a few years ago and it was extremely upsetting. I visited my local doctor and a dermotologist who thought it was eczema.
After trying prescribed creams and natural creams, neither which seemed to help, I decided to go back to basics and went on the liver cleansing diet and drank lots of water. It does seem to have helped and now the itch is restricted to a small area on my lower left leg. At the time when this all kicked off I was in extreme stress at work with severe staff shortages. Hope this helps in some way.

there is a simple technique. you follow it...You should promose me that you will tell its effect after you follow it...You should promise that you will reveal it to others also, suffering from this problem...Om...sai ram..
Take a peel of bananna..Apply gently on the portion lightly...throw the bananna peel away...Wait for a minute ....Take some aloevera cream and apply gently on same portion again...Just go to sleep...

With in two / 3 days you will be out of your problem....
shiva

I have had this same problem. It just all of a sudden started and it itches so bd. Can anyoe say if they have had any elief of any sort and what it could be?

I had this happening on my legs for a least a couple years. I have spent a fortune on lotions and potions, but nothing helped. I finally found something that gives some relief. I still itch occasionally, but not anywhere near as often. And I am not embarrassed for anyone to see my legs that used to be red and scaly. I keep a homemade sugar scrub in the shower and use it every day. NO SOAP except on my "smelly parts." After so much frustration and money spent, I can't believe I have finally found something that give me relief.

Recipe: 1 part olive oil to 2 parts sugar. I also add some lavender essential oil - this may not make any difference in the effectiveness, and it is kind of expensive. Lavender is supposedly good for skin ailments such as eczema. I use it because I like how it smells : )

my itching starting a few years ago. I narrowed it down fairly quickly. I drink 3 to 5 Dr. Pepper 20 oz daily. I stoped the soda and the itching stopped in about 2 weeks. Hot showers helped as well as bynadril (but it makes you sleepy). Mine was so bad I was using green scrubby pads w/ rubbing alcahol.
When to alergist thinking i was alergic to dr. pepper. He took me for about $2000 and told me I was alergic to hickory and peanuts. ( i dont consume eithor) he also stated u cant be alergic to sodas.
No doctor has been able to tell me what is wrong. I only know Im fine until I drink too many sodas, mostly dr. pepper.

I have no known allergies but i have a habit of drinking alot of pepsi so i wonder if the soda intake does have something to do with the itching? I just started itching on my arms and lower back and it only seems to be bad at night. But no matter how much i itch or use creams or lotion it still itches. Thank you for this idea because i'm going to try it and see what happens!

I have this issue as well. I had an idea that it may be the caffeine/sugar intake because I drink a lot of coffee and soda! I noticed that when I did not drink so much of these things, it seemed to get better.

This is very similar to what I'm feeling. I would add that, for me, it seems to feel worse after i eat something--anything. I also feel as if I have a sinus infection--constantly. Was told it was eczema, etc. 2 months ago. Not getting better with all the moisturizer in the world. Wish I could identify what the situation is. Next going to Allergist but seriously don't think that's the issue....Was thinking perhaps Leaky Gut so watching my diet now....No improvement in 7 days but will give it time. Annoying for sure....Let me know if anyone has any updates!

I`ve had this problem for around 18 months..i got rid once by steroids from the doctor,the first time it was all over my body,my life was just frenzied scratching and got to the point of doing something drastic.The severe itch comes at night,if i scratch it itches more..its on my thighs and lower belly now.
I`ve tried every lotion,potion and remedy you can imagine..emptied my house of anything i could put on it.I have found something that relieves the itch,i swear by it..it works and isn`t painful on broken skin.
It`s not a cure..just relief from that orgasmic itch which makes you scratch more and more.
CORYSOL mouth wash..splash on and let dry. it`s amazing. then get some sleep..its the heat that sets the itching off..the condition is probably a severe fungal infection..very hard to get rid of.I`m off to my Dermatoligist tomorrow..as her cream isn`t working..it`s actually gone worse.I hope i`ve helped people with intolerable itch.
Steroids Prediselone tablets..6 in the morning for 4 days. followed up by a very good fungal cream..also Aveeno nourishing cream is very good whilst on steroids and after.

Just a suggestion.I had itching problem all over my legs and arms for few years. Sometimes, even on my body. It's completely gone now. I think the itching problem may due to dry or sensitive skins. I don't think that I have dry skin but I always put a lot of mild lotions on my arms and legs after shower, I also don't wear some kind of clothes material that will irritate your skin and make you feel itching. Also, don't take shower too often, especially in winter season to reduce itching symptoms. You also need to carefully choose the gentle soaps and mild lotions to prevent the skin irritation. Some food may also make you feel itching but each individual is different. Hope it can help you.

Thanks for the advice, I drink on average 2L a day of various fizzy drinks such as coke, fanta etc. I shall stop for 2 weeks and see what happens. (Drinking only water) it seems many people have the same problem and so hopefully the results if successful could be immitated! Back in two weeks.