I’ve noticed that I have this unpleasant pain in my knees when pedal goes down. I’ve tried to change the position of my legs and feet but I couldn’t. What can I do to overcome this problem since this is something that could even bring about my quitting cycling? I’m not a quitter, but I don’t want to cycle and damage my health.

I completely understand you, but I think that you shouldn’t even consider quitting cycling. In my opinion which may not be true, that can be only because of improper posture or pedaling technique. Posture is very important when it comes to cycling and you should be very careful when you learn it. Yet another thing may be cause and that’s inappropriate adjustment of handlebar and saddle. The difference between saddle and handlebar’s height shouldn’t be more than 5 cm. If it’s more than that, that can lead to pain in your back and legs. Many people don’t know how to adjust it correctly and that’s why only a trained person should do that. Anyway, you should have your knees X-rayed just in case.