hi my name is whittley and i am 19 years old. over the last month i have not been able to sleep. i lay in bed and my heart starts to beat uncontrollably and i cant catch my breath. im scared something may be wrong with me. I have constant headaches and suffer from what i think may be mood swings. i havent told my mom yet because shes already under a lot of stress. my dad and i barely communicate unless its him yelling at me. please does anyone have answers to what may be wrong with me? im scared and dont have anyone to tell.

Celebrity
It sounds like classic anxiety and panic which can be managed well with CBT. Cbt works wonders in most people who apply themselves to the exercises like the TEA form daily. It can be done with or without meds. It works great for anxiety and panic attacks so you should give it a try. I highly recommend CBT for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a CBT group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By Sam Obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the TEA form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today. Good luck and you'll be fine!