Hi, I would like to know if there is a relation between diabetes and cellulitis. I have both of them and I heard that they go together.

Hi, I don’t understand how you mean if they go together. There are many patients who are diabetic without other infections, but still if you have increased blood suger level you are at higher risk of developing all kinds of infections. Cellulitis can be seen in diabetics combined with edema of the ear canal. Laboratory studies generally reveal a normal white blood cell count, so CT and MRI are used for defining the extent of progression of the disease. In these cases antipseudomonal antibiotics, such as quinolones are applied.

Cellulites is a skin infection that is caused by a bacteria. The problem with this infection of the skin is that it goes deeper in the skin. People who have bad immune system can get cellulites easily. Diabetes is a condition where you blood sugar is not normal and it affects your whole body. The thing with diabetes is that it weakens your immune system giving the opportunity for cellulites to get under your skin. So You heard correct, cellulites and diabetes can be related, but they don’t come together always. Have you noticed any skin infections on your body? Do you have diabetes? If you notice anything you need to get this tested as soon as possible.

Hi,Idon't know if I have diabetes, I do know that I have prediabetes but I was told that it wasafungal inffection causes by sweat. It does go deep in the skin, I have a fever too.

New Member
I have a son with type 1 diabetes and cellulitis.The cellulitis he has had for 11years & in the leg.
His right leg measures around calf is 225mm and is still expanding.Left leg is 73mm.
I would like to know what is making his legs expand.he has been to the hospital several times for infections in the legs.His only treatment is through antibiotics and intravenous .
I have been informed nothing can be done.CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE.HARRY MORGAN

New Member
my son was a type 1 diabetic since he was 18months old. He is now 49 .sorry I forgot to say in last message.