So here's the deal... about 2 weeks ago I started to experience the following symptoms: constant nausea, severe lower back pain (something I've never had before), strange cramping in lower abdomen, hunger/cravings, diarrhea, dizziness, extreme bloat (I LOOK pregnant) and intense mood swings/irritability. Since then the nausea has become milder, diarrhea has become constipation, nipples are slightly sore to touch and I've had major heartburn for the past couple of days.
I was basically convinced I was pregnant, even though the symptoms started very soon after I had just had my period AND that i had just recently stopped taking the birth control pill. SO i started taking hpts every couple of days. They were negative except for one clear blue test that showed the positive "+" but the control window was empty therefore I deemed it faulty. I went to my doctor a few days ago to take a blood sample and the next morning he left a message on my phone saying "you are NOT pregnant".
Not only was i disappointed with the results, but not entirely convinced either. I've been trying to continue on with things without letting it cloud my life too much, but cannot seem to get it off my mind.
I read over and over again about women who have tested negative for weeks, though find out later they are and always were in fact pregnant.
So I'm wondering what my chances are... how common is it really to have negative blood and urine tests and end up being pregnant?
PLEASE post your thoughts, I need some advice and success stories!!!
OHH and by the way, I am not expecting my period for another 4 or 5 days so I realize it is still quite early to know -- also some more symptoms i forgot - my skin, it's totally broken out in the past few days which is not normal for me at all. Frequent urination, getting up in the middle of the night. AND strange dreams and sleep patterns!!

Hi there Zoog, I don't think that you're too certain to be pregnant just yet. Here's what I think you should do. Wait until three weeks until after the last time you had sex and you suspect that you may have gotten pregnant and then take a pregnancy test. The HPT levels don't go up until a certain point so you won't be able to tell until then anyway. Does that help? I wish I could offer more help but I don't think there's much else I can tell you but to be patient and then try a test. What do you think?

Thanks healthnfitnessguy for your post.
It has now been about 3 weeks since I had unprotected sex (and when i assume i would have conceived). I have a feeling my hcg levels are still too low, and I'm not sure why really? I think I'll take a test in the next few days, and then if i miss my period I'll take one again.
My body is telling me I'm pregnant and my doctor's telling me I'm not! So confusing and frustrating!

Took another test today only because I cannot handle the waiting anymore, i really just want an answer. lol
Anywhooo it was negative again and I'm starting to think these tests must be right?? Is this all in my head? SO CONFUSED and scared that perhaps I'm having a miscarriage, because I've never felt this way in my entire life.
Please help!

First and foremost. Relax. :)

Second, I can tell you that now that you've had a negative test, wait one more week and take a final one. If it's negative, you'er definitely not pregnant. From this point forward, always use a condom and birth control so that you don't have to worry about this sort of thing anymore. If it's positive, then you would be pregnant and you should make sure you see your doctor. What do you think? How are you feeling now?

I am feeling the same as before, extremely bloated especially at night (now). Noticing new blue veins around my abdomen and wrists. Looked it up, apparently it's yet another sign of pg - full veins to provide blood supply to the fetus, and it happens in early pregnancy.
I will take your advice and test in a week - thanks!

ps. I understand that if I were not trying to conceive, birth control would be the most obvious precaution to take. But my fiancee and I are in fact trying, so a positive result would be fantastic!!

Haha, sorry, I get talking to so many poor girls who are trying NOT to get pregnant that I forget that some people get pregnant on purpose... :) But yes, let me know how it goes in a week, okay? If not, be patient. It can take up to a year!

I am having the same simptums and dont know what to do?

Hi there! I'm in the same boat....67 days today....no sign of AF...yet negative urine and blood tests. So frustrating since i want to get pg. Went off the pill in may. got AF on jun 6. Nothing since then and i dunno what's happening. But i definitely feel pg. ? :-(

Well I'm glad to see there are people who can feel my pain!!
If you're wanting to be pregnant but are testing negative... i have good news for you.... I'm getting MORE symptoms... to the point where i'm almost 100% convinced.
Here's the newest one... it is currently 4:30am and I am exhausted, but awake because of excess saliva - weird right? But I've read that it is a common early pregnancy side-effect. I am also awake because I am extremely irritated by my fiancee's snoring -- something he's of course been doing every night for the past 2 years we've been together, but I am so irritable and have such a bad headache i can't stand it anymore!!!
Also, the blue veins i noticed before in my abdominal area, have become more enhanced and made visible down my legs and up towards my breasts now.

Thought I wrote a reply last night, but I guess it didn't save.
I'm glad to see that people can feel my pain! If you're in my situation and hoping for a positive result, i've got good news for you.... MORE symptoms -- up until 5am last night with excess saliva, having to spit into a cup. Sure enough I read that it's another early pg symptom. I was also extremely irritated by my fiancees snoring (which he's done since the day i met him and it never bothered me until now!). I'm irritable and I have these headaches, i just can't deal.
AND, when i woke up this morning i did another pregnancy test, this time it looks like a VERY faint positive.... orrr im wondering if it's the evaporation line i'm seeing... either way i'm almost 100% convinced I'm pregnant even without the pos test. The Blue veins i started noticing in my abdomen have been become even more prominent (especially at night), made visible down my legs and up toward my breasts.

OOPS sorry for repeating myself, guess it did save!!

I keep bleeding when we make love and its not my peorid beacuse it stops then to day my lower back started hurting. i also yeld at my husbend for wonting to close a game acount what is wrong with me. any whay i had a light bleeding and looked it up it is a erly sing of pg. and so to day i got a 2 more pg tests and i will check to marrow. i am so scarred i wrily whant a baby and i dont whant to get excited and then it not be a baby at all but i get tierd faster and i hve been craving fatty foods? is that a sighn

still getting negative results.... I am going to lose it!!! ahh!!!!!