it has been two months since my last period and although in the past it used to be very irregular because i played alot of sports, in the past year it has regulated somewhat. normally my period will come twoards the end of every month but it is not unusual for me to skip a month. however, my period has not skipped two months since over a year ago and i am getting very worried.

i didn't take a home pregnancy test after the first missed period because i assumed that it would come the following month, nothing out of the ordinary. however i'm entering the third month with still no period so i took 2 home pregnancy tests a couple of days ago and they both showed up negative but i have a feeling that something is not right.

my question is how long after a missed period can i take an accurate home pregnancy test? could the test possibly read negative results if someone who is pregnant takes the test while they are a couple of months into the pregnancy?

please help if you know anything at all because i am very scared and unsure of what to do. i'm only 19 and this is the last thing i want so please help. thanks

As I could find out there is no chance that the test will show you negative if you are one or two months pregnant.
If you do not feel ok, the best thing for you is to go to you doctor.

My friend took about a half dozen pregnancy tests which were ALL negative.. She even did urine tests at the doctor's office. It wasn't until she was 19 weeks along (between 4 and 5 months) that a urine test came out positive.

Blood tests are said to be more accurate as they can detect the amount (if any) of the pregnancy hormone in your body. Hope all goes well

Hi whatever happened with your situation because I am going through something exactly like this and I am also wondering what is going on?

The farther you are after the missed period the more accurate it will be because there will be more of the hormones in your body.

Hello Friend,

Im experencing the same as stellarms does. I got married 8 months back. Had irregular periods before my marriage but after marriage my periods were regular to some extent. Now for the past 45 days i have not got periods. checked with pregnancy test at a lab which showed negative.

Still i feel something fishy going on with me.

Please recommend a solution for this. Should i have to go on with the test result or any other solution.?

Im tensed and worried!

Please help me friend...

I a having the same problem, except I have always been regular. Im waiting for April's period which will be next week if nothing then Im heading to the Dr. That's what i can recommend, go get checked out and if you are not wanting to get pregnant I suggest you use birth control, such as the pill, which will help regulate your period and keep you from getting pregnant. I am 35, but I am looking to get pregnant. Which is just as frustrating because I have missed a period and pregnancy tests at home have been negative... :(