What is in your opinion a better surface for running asphalt or concrete? As far as I know, asphalt is not that hard. Is there any health issue related to the choice of the running surface, in the sense that harder surfaces are not so healthy because maybe constant pounding can harm feet or something like that? Maybe I’m talking gibberish since I’m a complete ignorant when it comes to this.

I don’t know for sure also, but I think that asphalt, since it’s not so hard, is better for running. No matter how good shoes you wear are and regardless of their cushion and shock absorption system, when your foot hits the ground vibrations from the impact still reach your muscles. Rigid surfaces have bad effect on legs and can lead to injuries. I’ve noticed that when I run on concrete my feet hurt and I feel as if they were heavy. The best surfaces for running are smooth and not so hard as concrete. But soft surfaces, such as sand and similar are also not good because it doesn’t allow good foot control. That makes asphalt an ideal running surface, at least in my opinion.