I like running and I practice it several times a week. Next week Im going on a vacation to Miami. As we all know, there is a plenty of wonderful beaches and as walking on the sand is very healthy for feet, because its a natural way of massage, I think that it would be great to run along the beach. But I believe its better to run in shoes, so tell me what shoes are the best for sand?

I must admit Ive never heard of such a thing as running shoes for sand. I dont say there arent any, but disciplines like running on sand are not so widespread. Of course, many people run on the beaches but in my opinion it has more of a psychological effect f reducing the stress than shaping up ones body. In no case should you run on the beach barefooted, because no matter how soft sand is, it can cause you more problems such as inflammations or sprains, than running on the solid ground. All those softer grounds such as mud or sand are pretty uneven and, you may not believe this, but more people get injuries by running on such terrains. You have to run very carefully and watch out for holes and other irregularities on the surface. I guess that any cushion type shoes will be fine, because theyll absorb any shock.