Hi, I am desperate to lose some weight. I have tried working out and all kinds of diets, but it seems that I dont have the will to keep up with these kinds of activities. A friend of mine has told me she knows a girl who lost a lot of pounds thanks to the Phedermine. Should I try this medicine?

Hi, first of all, the drugs name is Phentermine. It helps people to control their appetite. So if you are not hungry, you do not eat and therefore Phentermine helps you to lose weight. But, this drug belongs to the class of amphetamine-like drugs. These medicines work by controlling the chemical reactions in the central nervous system. This means that these are very serious drugs that can be obtained solely with the doctors prescription. Phentermine works by releasing certain neurotransmitters that control the way our body works. Appetite suppression is just one of the effects of these drugs. The side effects of Phentermine can be very serious and even life threatening. Besides from the danger of becoming addicted to it you may get high blood pressure or other cardio conditions. Also, many other drugs shouldnt be used in combination with Phentermine. I am not a supporter of using such serious drugs for weight loss. You should definitely talk to a physician about your desires. I am sure that a doctor could give you additional information about why Phentermine is not good for you.