I am 27 years old woman. For 3 years now I have problems with bad knees. I like to work out but because of my problem with bad knees I have to avoid high-impact exercises. What kind of exercises can I do? What do you recommend me?

Week knees or usually known as "bad knees" is a very common problem, especially among women. Many people have bad knees from too much running, high impact aerobics and all sports in general. Since you have this problem and want to continue with the work out I will recommend you some low-impact aerobic exercises. Among them are exercises like cycling, cross country skiing, working your upper body in the gym etc? Cycling is perfect choice for low-impact exercise. You can do it indoors or outdoors, and I recommend the last one because like that you can see a lot of the nature. Of course, for cross country skiing you need snow but if there is no snow you can always access a cross country machine. I also recommend swimming because this exercise is one of the gentlest when it comes to impact on your knees. Working out the upper body in gym is also an option. Now, it depends on you what you will choose. You know that best what you like. I hope I have helped you at least a bit.

Hi, I also had bad knee problems for many yrs, until I went to see my G.P. My G.P sent me to the hospital to have it checked out and much to my surprise I ended up having cartlidge removed and also they found a tear which they also fixed. After the operation and a couple of weeks had gone pass they started to give me physiotherapy, which involved hot compresses and shortly after electric shock treatment along with steady pace cycling and slow walking and jogging on the running machines. All this was to build the muscle back up and to keep the knee from stiffing up. But after constant physio nothing can ease the pain, I still get in my knee. My back now has pain and my other knee is playing me up due too trying to take weight off the knee that had problem in the first place. The problem they say was caused by being atheletic or sports injury, which is very common. The treatment they give me for pain is an in flamatory tablet and was getting vioxx but not recommended anymore, so changed to co-dhydramol pain killers. My advice to you is too go see your G.P, as if there is an injury there, you being a sport person could be causing more damage than you know. So leave the sport and excercise alone until seen G.P. All the best to you and good luck.