Hi. I have problems breathing every time when weather is bad. Especially when it`s foggy and cold. I start coughing and my breathe becomes short. I think I have asthma. What are the symptoms of asthma? Anybody with experience…?

Hi. I suffer from asthma. The symptoms of asthma include wheezing, chest tightness, coughing and shortness of breath. Many people with asthma have more than one symptom. Different conditions, including weather, can cause breathing problems. Allergens, such as animal dander, dust mites, cockroaches, pollen and mold, can make you breathe heavily. Also, some irritants, such as cigarette smoke, air pollution, cold air, changes in weather, strong odors, scented products and stress, can cause breathing problems. My symptoms are worse when weather is cold and when it rains. When I see the weather is changing, I avoid going outside.

Hello there,

Well it is quite possible that you are suffering from asthma. Basically when you have this condition and you get attack your airways are narrowing and swelling and your breathing is difficult. As carlyon has already said the most common symptoms of asthma are sneezing, coughing, and wheezing. Some people have really big problems with this condition, and when the attacks start, it is interfering their life sometimes even more than usual, while for others this condition represents only minor distraction.

Although you can’t cure this condition, the symptoms can be controlled. You need to take prescribed medications and try to avoid triggers of the condition. I hope this was helpful and that you will manage to cope with your condition.

Hello, I'm learning it has a lot to do with your hemoglobin levels. In fact I have a hypothesis that it's the root cause to asthma. Hemoglobin is the source of oxygen transport in the body. If u get them up...every thing will work better

Wow I have the same exact problem when its cold and rainy I can't breath good also is that asthma

Same here I had asthma when I was a kid and it's rainy and humid and all of a sudden I'm having a hard time breathing

I have heard that moving to a dryer climate will help enormously. Thinking of taking a trip to Arizona to see if I like it there as I have developed the same problem up here in Northern California where its very wet during the winter months.

The hemoglobin level is secondary to oxygen level. The cytokinesis responsible for the increase is erythropoietin. So decreased pulmanary function increases the Hbg and Hct.