My son is going to be starting college at the end of the year. He has had weight issues since he was around 8 years old, so I am a bit worried that he will go crazy on the fast food when he has the chance, and his weight will just get out of control. I wanted to send my son some emails with good info about easy lunches that are packed full of goodies for college students. Do you have any recommendations for good links I could share with him?

Going to college is an important part of creating that distance from your parents that you need to survive in the real world. It is a half-way house, if you like. Part of this is also the freedom of deciding what you eat. I know that my diet was really terrible when I was in college, and I think that it is just part of being a student. Go ahead, and send your boy some links if you really can't resist doing so. But don't expect him to follow your lead on this.

Tell him to skip the fast food and on-campus lunches! Regardless what it is, home-bought lunch is usually healthier. Give him some ideas on things he can pick up at the grocery store for turkey sandwiches, salads, etc. But he is a free teen, and free teens do....what free teens do.