Hi, I have been having digestive problems for couple of months. I have been to the doctor's and he prescribed me some medication. The drugs are not working as I expected. Few days ago I read an article about aromatherapy in the newspaper. The article said that this kind of therapy has positive results in treating digestive problems. Do you think I should try aromatherapy for my condition?

Hi, aromatherapy can be used for treating a large number of conditions. The great thing about aromatherapy is that it is all natural, with no synthetic ingredients. The basic medicine in aromatherapy is essential oil. These oils are extracted from plants and used to heal. Depending on the condition the therapist chooses the most effective essential oil. The oil can be inhaled, or used for massage. There are essential oils for all kinds of conditions, including digestive problems. The aromatherapy practitioner can also use a combination of oils for the best effect. Therefore I would suggest that you talk to a professional who will determine what oils would be best for you. You should not stop taking the medication that the doctor prescribed you because the combination of two methods will give the best results.