I've had this for about a week and a half. It started out on my scrotum as a small pimple like sore then gradually got bigger. The day after I noticed it, there was a sort of hard mass underneath of the pimple like sore. Gradually the mass got smaller but the sore was still there. Now it itches and burns like crazy! I have been putting neosporin on it for relief from the itching and burning. The itching and buring has spread to other areas of my scrotum and the base of my penis. The skin on my scrotum seems to be swollen. This just showed up out of nowhere. I'm married and my wife is clean. She was checked for everything when our baby was born and I haven't been with anyone else sence our first date. So I don't think it's an STD. There was a little pus involved the forst couple of days. Does this sound familar to anyone? Can anyone help?
Thank you,
man in pain

chances are this is just redness from previous irritation or scratching

redness down in the groin can last quite a long time, longer it the skin is rubbed or scatched

My advice is to leave the area as much alone as you can, and to ignore the redness

I had these cysts or small pimple like things on my testicles and scrotum from the age of 14 to 19 pretty bad. They ranged from the size of pin head to a large pea size(2cm) which where quite embarassing and couldn't be popped like a normal zit because of a hard skin. I had sex when I was 17 when I was drunk but thankfully the woman didn't notice but I was really shy about letting girls touch me down there and in the changing rooms at high school. I then met my current girlfriend who I knew that I had do something about my condition before having sex with her. I tried my doctor but was told there was no real cure for my condition and only could remove the two largest one with surgery but left me with around 30+ smaller ones all over my testicles and some on my scrotum. I then decided to take measures in my own hand. I got a sewing kit, bowl of warm water and a small towel. I cleaned the smallest needle with the warm water and took each pimple between my thumb and forefinger and pushed the needle through on side to the other making sure I went through the middle of the pimple. This caused some bleeding and pus to come out which I wiped with the towel. I then repeated this process until I could squeeze the white stuff out, which was rubber like not pus. I did this over and over again with some of the larger ones I found a small white seed-like things that I had to rip out with the needle which I beleive is the main culprit, try and remove or they will simply grow back. I took about a week for all the blood and sores to heal up and my testicles look normal, I felt as though a heavy load was of my shoulders. My girlfriend doesn't even notice and hasn't said a thing for 8 months now. I sometimes get smaller ones reforming but I simply remove with this process, there is hope!!! Your doctor may say that this me be unwise or risky due to the slight pain and some slight blood loss but I can say I am a changed person and never would have though I would look this normal after my puberty years of hell.

TO help everyone out with RED ITCHY SCROTUM....first look at WWW.DERMNET.com.........your condition is probably going to be in one of two sections......if its just on your scrotum and maybe a little on your penis, look at allergic contact dermatitis. If its running from scrotum down to crease of you leg and so forth, look at fungal infections candiasis.

If the area on ur scrotum started out red and shiny and leathery, without skin flaking off and itching worse than anything in world, it is prolly contact dermatitis, prolly from too much touching, sex lubs, changing washing powder, heat, or scented body washes. DO not put hydrocortisone on ur genital ever!!! It thins the skin of penis and scrotum and make you have more problems down the road. The best treatment is washing area with just plain water and trying to keep area cool and dry......in addition to taking Medrol pak. When taking the Medrol pak the area should has vast improvement within 24 hours and keep looking better everyday. Take benadryl oral to help with the itching. DO NOT TAKE opiate pain killers since they have a tendency to make most people itch. If this does not cure all the way, you might need a 14 day medrol pak. If it does not help the problem, then its probably a yeast infection.

In case of yeast infection. They are numerous remedies OTC and should cure problem in 3-4 days, but continue using for full 2 weeks. If no improvement is noted with anti-fungals otc in 3-4 days then it probably is not a yeast infection. Then check with you doctor about condition. If they insist it is a yeast infection, insist on oral anti-fungal pills and prescription strenght cream. Yeast infections conditions very greatly in everyone and could look like a STD. Most the time in a STD such as herpes the condition is very easy to identify or you dont have syptoms at all. The best way to determine this is have swab of sore for culture or have a blood test done.

Lastly if you have purlent drainage (pus) from the skin, go to doctor. THis will probably need some kind of antibiotic and will not heal on its on.

Hope this helps anyone that has this condition.

Ga boy!