what causes the bumps that are filled with blood ?

I too have these blood filled bumps on my scrotum. They are very small, and cause no discomfort or anything until they burst. Mine usually bursts during a shower when I am washing the scrotum. After about thirty minutes of fierce bleeding, it suddenly stops. Then after about a month or so, another one will burst, and it starts all over again. I would like to know what causes this also. Everything else is fine with no issues.

did you take those erection-aided pills e.g viagra or cialis before that?

I have bumps on my arms on the veins

I have the same problem!

I 've never used erection-aided pills.

It started when I was around 35 yrs old I'm now 59 yrs old... what causes this?

Guest wrote:

Quote:

I have the same problem!
I 've never used erection-aided pills.

Mine started around 30. Urologist said they were aneurysms and used some type of cauterizing tool to remove. He said they would come back and are just due to aging. He said he could burn off future ones as well. It's been about 4 years and now I have 5 more.

Isn't getting old "fun"...

I never had these until a month after turning thirty-five this past July. I had one in August that appeared as a "hard black spot". After showering one night, it burst open. It bled like you wouldn't believe. I went to the Urologist two weeks later (I couldn't get in before that, which left me wondering what in the hell it was) and when I went too him he couldn't see anything. Tonight, as I was sitting on the couch watching the Ohio State/Washington game I felt "wet". I went to the bathroom, and sure enough I had another one that had broken open and was bleeding again. Same spot too. I also have two or three smaller spots around the larger one. I'm going back to the Urologist on Tuesday morning. Hopefully he can see them (they appear and re-appear) and he can tell me for certain that this is my problem.

I am barely over 20 years old and I've had two of these. At least they're not dangerous...

Im not sure if you guys have found out what is going on with the dots you speak of, but i have been looking around, and i thought that what i have found, angiokeratomas,sounds similar to what you talk about and according to what the professionals say it is a harmless condition. Please see the below two websites to view full details and pictures to compare with about the condition.

Hope this helps, and helps anyone else looking for similar symptoms.

I think you will find they are angiokeratomas, and are harmless, please check out the below websites for confirmation, at they have information and pictures.

Hope this helps.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I have this problem mine poped but it dose not hurt. I'm scared I'm only 13

Well your 15 or so by now. I assure you, you have nothing to e afraid of. I am 42, I have had these since I was about 30, NEVER have they hurt me. Now it's just part of life for me. It's gotten to the point, to avoid them poping on me at the weong time, I just pop them, then with thumb and pointer finger I apply pressure to the spot for about 3 minutes and the bleeding stops, of course I do this in the shower. Before I figured out how to get these under control, I once sat in the shower while this thing bleed for a half an hour, I to was scared. That was 12 years ago. I have about 4 or 5 of them on my scrotum I keep popping them, and they keep coming back, but, I have taken controle of the involvement they have in my life. My wife, who has frequented the area for many years now, has never even seen one of them. I think we all have nothing to worry about. I am an avid fan of a famouse radio personality,king of all media, he to has them he has spoken of it on his radio show.

I believe what you describe are Angiokeratomas de Fordyce which are a type of harmless pooling of blood where the wall of the vein becomes weak (similar to a veracose vein). They typically appear on the scrotum of males and on the labia major of females. (This is actually the same tissue.) Statistically caucasians and asians seem to be most suseptible to developing Angiokeratomas de Fordyce.

they are angiokeratomas or fordyce spots...they are small blood vessel lesions that are harmless and are non cancerous and no treatment is needed. I'm a PA and i have them as well...no treatment is needed and rest assured they are not a STD.