I have several blisters or bumps on my fingers. they cluster around one another, some have grown together to form a large irregular shape. they do not break easily (have not broken any open) and once looked like they were filled with a clear liquid, but are now hard and swollen red. There is no itch or pain associated with them.

They are located mostly on the palm side of my index and middle finger, with some smaller blisters on the side and even fewer on the back of my fingers. Both hands are affected in the same way.

I have been under significant stress lately (law school exams, loss of scholarship).

What is this, and is there a recommended treatment?[/img]

This might be some kind of allergy. Are you maybe allergic to something? Stress can do this also. You have a lot going on right now, and it could've triggered it. How log do you have this?
Did you maybe changed you hand soap?
The good thing for you is to go to a doctor, and get this checked out. You might just need some cream for it, but also it may be something serious.
Keep us posted about your condition.

Are you sure that these aren't warts instead? I know that there are blisters that are like this that grow solely on the hands and feet, which I had when I was younger. They went away with age--but at the time, they were sort of embarrassing. It's possible that they're stress related, but either way. I think that Dr. Scholl's makes some sort of pads that help remove them from you. Try one out to see if it removes them, or see your doctor about it. Keep us posted!