Started in April 2006 I began to feel nausua and vomiting at least once to twice a week. Then began the bloating with it at least 1-2 wks prior to my period. I have IBS but this is something else...Now in August the last day of my period, which has been light. I get this severe bloating that my stomach expands so much that it looks like I am 5 months pregnant, I began to get nausau and then vomiting. If I eat anything it aggrevates it even more. For at least 5 days I have not been able to sleep, eat, go to work. Now we are in September and it has started again but now it is lasting longer, my left breast hurts and I feel more pain then before and the swelling of the stomach is unreal. I have been to the gastro doctor as well as my regular physician and gyn. I have taken 5 sonograms and found there is a small cyst on my right ovaries and two tiny fibroids that look like it been there for a long time. Today, was my last straw I went to another doctor and she told me to get a ct scan on my abdomin which I need to wait for the referral, she thinks there is a chance I my have endometriosis. This has been the worst 5 months I ever had, and so sick of hearing about my IBS, this symptoms that I am having has aggrevating my IBS even more, but I know there is something wrong and cannot take it anymore, need answers and treatment.

Demand a PET scan. Doctors do not like to order these because they are very expensive. Ins. companies really give doc's a hard time with this one. Unlike and MRI or CAT scan, it checks for metabolic issues. Also have your doc run a liver test - it is a blood test taking several days to complete.
You have symptoms of HEP C and possibly a rare form of lupis

sweetmel - i have the same symptoms - did you ever find out what was wrong?

Hi sweetmel - were you ever able to find out what was wrong? i have the same symptoms.

i have pain bloating and headaches , i feel so bloated in stomach prior to my period cant do much or sleep well