I have had a calcium stone removed from my salivery gland, but i still have the problem as i had infection for 2 weeks as i wasnt given antibiotics at the time, now my gland still swells every time i eat or drink and my tongue swells on the right side as well which is very uncomfortable, i have heard the operation is very risky to remove the gland as there are 3 nerves that could be damaged one of them already has (under the tongue where the stone was). but i would like to know a bit more and is this another problem with my tongue?
thanks

There are three major salivary glands in the mouth, under the tongue, on the cheek and close to the jaw line. I guess that the stone was in the salivary gland under the tongue. Usual problem in salivary glands can be the blockage of the duck and this can be caused by the stone. The stone is usually the thing that is causing the swelling.

How long has passed since you took out the stones? Is there a possibility that there is one more stone left and it is still blocking the salivary duct? Do you have any weakness in the tongue?

It usually takes few weeks for the swelling to go away. However you will need to pay attention what you eat for some time.

I hope you gave yourself some time -- it took me four weeks  - and voice still a wee bit wraspy