Hi, I was dx'd with follicular thyroid cancer last year. I had 2 surgeries and one dose of radioactive iodine soon afterwards. My doc told me it was very common to have problems with the glands for a few weeks following this treatment so I did not worry much about this at that time. But, it's been almost 4 months since my treatment and my parotid glands still swells up!!! It also gets very painful and it happens anytime I eat (no matter what I eat). Is this something that will eventually go away? Thanks

It sounds to me that you may have salivary duct stones. They could be causing swelling, especially when eating due to blocked saliva in the glands. Of course, this is just a possibility, but I think it is worth checking. Best of luck.

Same thing... follicular carcinoma, 1 month later my parotid glands on both sides are really swollen and really hurt! Did it ever go away? Did you ever go see a doc for it?