Had colostomy reversal performed May 6, 2011.  Today, 5-13-11, am experiencing soft red stool with bright red blood on toilet paper.  Also, heart rate, which is usually normal is greatly increased.  Called surgeons' office with concerns yesterday, but surgeon is out of town.  How long should/can bleeding last?  Had colostomy for approx. 5 months.  Scared to death that something is wrong. 

I was researching this and came across your post. I see that it's over a year old, but I would really like to knoverything was alright. I have the exact same symptoms, I'm 3 weeks post reversal, I'mbloated often,have some pains and I have bloody stools. I hope you were alright, mysurgeon said to wait a month and see if it changes, otherwise I would have to go back to see what I could do. Thanks! I hope u get this....

Hi - I was wondering If your problem was resolved? I am having the same issues. It’s been about 2 1-2 weeks since my reversal. Please let me know. Thanks !