My son had surgry on nov.8th on his head to removed two cysts on his birth mark,and about a week ago I had to take him back to the doctors cause it look like it was infected.So the put him on antibiotics and told me to keep it clean.Now I notice I see parts of the stich and its white.When he had the surgry they gave him dissolveable stiches inside and then used the glue I dont know if this is normal I been so stressed out.And he goes back tuesday for a follow up.

Hi Lori! Wound infections are one of the most common complications after surgery. This means that bacteria have started to grow in your son's wound. An infection will usually be treated with a course of antibiotics but occasionally further surgery is needed. The process by which the surgical wound heals is a complex process that involves three main steps. Inflammation which lasts for a short time as the blood flow is increased to your wound. Proliferation, new blood vessels grow to bring nutrients to the wound and remove dead tissue. Maturation, new skin seals the wound and forms a scar. Special skin glue can be used to close small wounds that are less than 5cm (two inches) long. Although the glue is waterproof, the area needs to be kept dry for at least five days. The glue usually peels off in five to 10 days. Sometimes for larger skin cuts, glue is used together with stitches or special self-adhesive skin-closure strips to seal the wound. So it is quite normal to use dissolvable stitches inside and then the glue. I hope your son will get well soon.