my friend was complaing of her eyes feeling weird and when she looked at me...both eyes were clicking back and forth at the same time

That type of eye movement is called pathological nystagmus.

The cause for pathological nystagmus may be congenital, idiopathic, secondary to a pre-existing neurological disorder or may be induced temporarily by disorientation (such as on roller coaster rides) or certain drugs (alcohol and other central nervous system depressants and stimulants, such as lithium salts, phenytoin and ecstasy).

Has your friend been doing any drugs recently?

Hallo,
The problem when your eyes are moving involuntary is called nystagmus which is most likely acquired in newborns but they can happen in later life as well. How old is your friend and how long has this been a problem to her? For long time this condition has been viewed as non treatable but I think that there are several medications that can help to get rid of this condition. It would be best for her to see a doctor and to see what she can do to stop there involuntary eye movements. I think that she can benefit from anticonvulsant medication. I hope this was helpful in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen