Heisann!

Im 26 year old girl, the phenomena I will describe happens from 6-7 years old (not 100% sure). Note: Im NOT drinking, smoking, taking drugs or any medication.
This can happen anywhere and in any condition I am. I can be healthy walking outside or having fever lying on my bed, tired and sad or completely awake and happy, hungry or not, I mean ANYWHERE and ANYHOW and ANY time of the day.

I recognize the feeling usually on my fingers first, I start touching them and when the one hand touches the other, the fingers feels like heavy/thick and the SAME time thin/light and slippery (!). Whatever I touch on me has the same sense, even my tongue touching my teeth, the are like really heavy and thick but at the same time just slippery, thin and light.
My heart feels like beating faster and the sounds from the environment around me enlargen, even my breath sounds heavier, and the time seems beating fast too. It's like my senses get confused, like my nerves have a kind of mix up. Im sorry I cant give a better explanation, I dont have any.
It stays for some minutes and then it's gone. I can remember this happening from I child, but not when I was a very little one.

The strangest of all is that I've met 2 people with EXACTLY the same feelings!!!!!!!!
It's a good friend, she has been though sexually abused by her uncle quite some times and she remembers some of it.
The other was my first one, and now ex, a great guy that had a very difficult childhood.
My childhood has been all in all almost ideal, I dont have any really eerie memories (non that I recall).

I think this "panick/nerve attack" is like a posttraumatic syndrom. But I just dont recall having any trauma! (which I may have forget)
I cant find any other explanations or similarities to my friends..
And nobody ever heard of it (only these two).

Any idea/help?
please note, it's not painful or irritating, it's just "weird"

You are not alone, both me AND my brother have these same confused senses, but for me, its when I've just woken up or are about to fall asleep.
I remember this happening a lot more when I was younger (child) I'm 23 now, and probably only get this happening about twice/three times a year. We thought it was just us!
i like your explanation of your senses getting confused, and for me as it normally happens when I'm half asleep/awake, that could be a good explanation. I have had it when I'm fully awake before just not very often. It kind of feels like a craving for something, but you don't know what, and you feel like everything is out of proportion with your body (especially hands and mouth).
There must be others out there!

I'm one of them. I have had these feelings since i've been a little kid (22 now) and they used to scare me really bad.

I am experiencing these feelings as we speak, so i started looking on the internet if i could find anyone else with these feelings, then i ran into this post.

With the feeling of my fingers being out of proportion, along with everything i experience (even my eyesight, it's as everything except for what i'm focussing on is a lot bigger than supposed to).

For me this happens when i'm really tired.

Hey. Pretty much the same story as the person above me. It used to terrify me when I was little, coming with specific dreams that I could never quite remember. Everything I touch feels very thin and 'heavy', like I'm handling glass or something.

I'm sick at the moment, nasty fever, throwing up yesterday, etc. I just woke up with this for the first time in years. For me I think it had to do with my hands being weaker than usual - my usual senses are distorted because of the dizzyness, so my body tried to cope with hands that don't seem to be my own.

I ate something (I hadn't since I started throwing up), got some water, took a shower (which was very freaky, but it seemed like it might help), and I'm feeling better. I don't think it's dangerous - just a small hallucination brought on by confused senses.

Hi, i remember getting the same sensation of my limbs and fingers (and tongue) feeling thick/thin/heavy/light at the same time although it would only last for short periods of time (<5mins).
I use to occasionally get the sensation in my primary school years (maybe 6yrs -11yrs old), and i think maybe once or twice in my teens but haven't experienced it for many yrs now, ergo it being more of a memory than a feeling.
Would be interested in knowing what caused that sensation.

p.s. i didn't take drugs or suffer any traumatic experience

I've had the same thing a few times, evenings, over the past month. At the same time I get a sort of pressure in my chest, and chest pains (I'm 24 and shouldn't have anything like that yet..). It's been like four times now, during the evenings or night before I've gone to sleep, and the feeling is so familiar - like people have mentioned before, I must have had this when I was a kid, so long ago that I don't remember it, but I remember the feeling.

For me it's mostly my hands, fingers that feel strange - it's like one hand is small and the other is big or something... I don't notice anything when I try to lift or touch things, it's just when I'm still. It's like one hand is trying to "catch" or hold the other (without them touching) and one is small and the other big - and this strange feeling in my finger tips.

I've never been on any medication and have never had any traumatic experiences (as far as I know). It's good to know I'm not the only one, but it would also be interesting to know what causes this.

I've had very similar experienced before bedtime, usually. It only happens intermittently, but it's not so much my fingers feeling big/small heavy/light, but a sensation of everything being big/small heavy/light. It happens more as visual representations of big/small objects or letters and words in my head, or heavy/light things, like a daydreaming type of thought process. However, I must tell you all that I've had a history of hallucinogen use, so take it like you will. These strange episodes of disoriented perceptions started happening in my early 20's I think. My heavy hallucinogen use was much earlier than that. Anyways, it seems like some variation of similar posts here. It never makes me feel confused, just a little out of sorts.

I also experience this. I remember the first time was at nap time in preschool. It was really weird and the worst part was trying to explain the sensation to my teacher and mom. I also "feel thick" for about five minutes. The feeling usually starts in my hands, but sometimes my whole body will actually feel bigger. I have experienced a wave-like sensation that I can only describe as energy. I have a bachelor's in psychology, which definitely doesn't leave me with any authority to diagnose, but the sensation seems like a type of dissociation. I would be curious to know if any of you were ever considered to be "daydreamers" or had problems of "zoning out", especially in your early school years.

i have also had this feeling mainly between ages 8 - 16/17 now 19 i have only had one of these "attacks" in the past two years, and i used to get them once a week or so. and to the question of zoning out or day dreaming is a definite no for me.

I cannot believe I have actually found others who have experienced some similar episodes that I have. Mine started when I was very young and still happen at the age of 56. I have a history of being sexually abused as a child and domestic abuse years later. I have been diagnosed with PTSD and major depression and anxiety disorder. I have never mentioned this to any of my doctors; but often wondered if I should. I also have the feeling of everything around me being "thick". I experience it quite often. It has not been related to any drugs, as I never took drugs, and I had this as a child. I often have feelings of things being "very small" or "far away".

I think it's a very good idea to tell your doctors if you have PTSD or depression or any anxiety disorders because it can help them diagnose you if there is an issue. For example, if you have a problem like chronic headaches but there's no physical reason for it, it could be that it's depression related. Without that information, your doctor can make you undergo a lot of unnecessary tests. Does anyone else have this issue?

I also used to have this feeling when i was younger. wish there was some information! :-)

I had this feeling last night. I had these experiences since I was 6 or so, and I remember having it after having a fever, I had them sporadically in my lifetime (23 now), one time when i was 12 before I was going to sleep, I tried doing push ups to see if i had some powers or something haha but I got tired easily anyways, and I had one last night before I was about to fall asleep. My heartbeat sounded faster, cars driving by sounded faster, touching my skin felt like I was grabbing something enormous, like everything was really sensitive as if my brain was processing every touch and sound either really fast or really slow to make everything seem larger. I was a daydreamer when I was young to answer someone's question. I'm going through a lot of stress right now as I'm about to go back to college after serving 5 years in the army and I'm wondering if anxiousness has something to do with all this.

I am 42 and I've encountered this as well in my younger years up to my teens then from time to time in my adult life. I am 42 now and just had it the other night. I also as a kid had a floating sensation, like I was floating up as I was lying down in my bed. I would be lying down and it felt like I was floating above my body and I could see my body beneath me. I have not had that experience for many years now only in my younger days pre-teen to teen years and in my early 20's
I wish I knew what this all was so if a medical term is out there for this please let me know.

Wow I thought I was strange because I used to get this feeling when I was a child, my bed sheets and covers felt thick to my fingers when I touched them, they actually seem to thicken in my hand and it frightened me. I also had that floating above my body feeling. I don't beleive there was any sexual abuse but I was punished violently quite a lot as I was growing up. Can somebody explain to me what it was PLEASE!!!