I have a 28 day cycle and my period was due the 7th of January. I am very regular. My period 'started' the 7th, if you can even call it one. It was barely a period at all, not even enough to be considered a light one. There was nothing more but a reddish brown spot when I went to the bathroom and wiped, and the past two days it's been about the same. I don't even need a tampon, or pad- not even a panty liner. It's not flowing at all. Just some spotting when I go to the bathroom and wipe. Normally I gush, seemingly buckets. Always by day 3 (and it's day 3 now) I'm a bleeding mess. So, this is very, very unusual for me because I'm not gushing at all. It's like it's not even a period. On day 4, it stopped completely. I bleed for all 7 days usually!

I have heard this is more common than you would think when you are pregnant. I told my sister about my extremely light, barely-there period, or spotting, and she told me the same thing happened to her when she was pregnant with her second child. Could I be pregnant? If so, is it too early to test now?

i get brown spotting just like you described every now and then and ive never had a kid

It's defiantly not to early to test. Go for it!

have you ever tried to have a baby :D

Go get a HPT test and let me now the results

This string appears dated, but the initial question was never really answered. My wife and I did IUI, even though doctors told us that with morphology as poor as mine (1%), our chances were poor. Wife had hyster something or other, where passages are checked, dye injected, and that procedure is correlated with pregnancies shortly thereafter, presumably because the pathways are more open than usual).

Anyway, she's always regular, is now 5 days late. She has had a little blood, but less than her usual pre-period spotting, and felt onset of moderate cramping last night. Nothing today.

We'll know within a couple of days, obviously, but if someone has a similar story, would love to hear it.