I'm a 16 year old female, and I recently began feeling extreme abdominal pain and nausea. The pain is around the middle of my abdomen, and it almost feels as though someone is squeezing my midsection (I don't know how else to explain it..). The pain and nausea are worse in the morning, but sometimes will carry through into the afternoon and evening. I've also noticed that I feel much better if I sleep in.. the later I wake up, the less extreme the pain feels. I also feel very tired, no matter how much I sleep. I've had some diarrhea, as well, but only on occasion (maybe once or twice since I got sick). I am not pregnant.

It's been a week and a half now (I first got sick on Monday, November 29th) and I'm very worried. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he told me that I have a viral infection.. but I'm not convinced. I've missed so much school because of this.. I'm supposed to graduate his year, and exams are coming up very soon. My mom is worried about my marks, and keeps telling me that I have to go to school, but I feel so horrible that I don't want to leave the house. I've tried going, but I never last for very long before I have to call home for a ride because I'm in so much pain.

Any help would be much appreciated! I'm very worried, and I don't know what to do.. this is taking over my life.

Supporter
if your dr said that it is a viral infection he is probably right but there is a possibility that it could be a stomach ulcer it causes your symptoms. I would suggest it to the dr next time you see him

I have researched alot of stuff and have a medical background too. No offense to the good doctors out there but lets face it (in the old days people didn't question their doctors) but some doctors ARE idiots and just brush you off because they don't know what's going on, if this has persisted for a long time for you then I'd querie the viral diagnosis and see ANOTHER doctor Do tell that doctor that it has gone on for a long time (if this is the case) because viral infections usually only last so long. I am not a doctor and do not claim to be one. But I have worked with some good doctors and some complete m****s. So don't take it at face value if your instincts r telling you different, also I find the organic community and even some specialists will say some very different things to what some doctors tell you, at the end of the day they are not Gods they do make mistakes and are not always correct. This can lead you to think ease up on the doctors they are only human or can lead you to think they are full of themselves (well some) with a God complex. take it either way :) I do not hate doctors and I will listen to them when they are making logical sense.

i have been having super bad pain in my stomach in the morning too and i'm 17 supposed graduate this year and my mom thinks i'm pregnant i don't but i'm going to take a test to make sure but i just wanna throw up and i can't eat anything nothing looks or smells good to eat and the pain does carry on through the day but when i smoke medical marijuana it goes away i'm going to go to my doctor and see what they have to say for me...

hello i feel your pain !!! u should try to drink herbal green leaves tea and try to eat a little and may be u have a sensitive stomach...(?) i am exactly the same i been to too many doctor appointments to been told I have nothing when i feel terribly sick.... Good luck :)

I looked at this post because of problems with my non-verbal, adult, autistic son.  I wanted to hear from others since he can't tell me what is wrong.  After much hunting and a suggestion from a new GI doc I started researching Porphyria.  This matches almost all of his symptoms.  It is a rare genetic disease but I suggest all of those not getting results from other tests check out porpyriafoundation.com and see if this looks like a possibility.  We all just need answers and treatment.  Blessings to you all!