I notice when cleaning up after going to the bathroom, that there is a big bump on the inside/in the ring of my butt hole/anus. It doesn't hurt and a lot of times I don't notice it, but I'm worried about cancer. It's a bit big, but stools and such still come out seemingly fine. No pain or discomfort, really. It's just when I got to "clean up" then I notice the bump.

I've been warned before that holding bowel movements for long period of time or straining when going can lead to bad things. I'm wondering if this is that bad thing, because I do often times hold it rather than use public restrooms and sometimes I strain to get it out (though I've never had constipation).

A few times before I would clean up and a little bit of blood would be on the bath tissue. Is it possible to have a cut that got infected?

I don't know, and I am really worried! Do you know what it could be or do you have any recommendations for getting it to go away?

I'm relatively young and still live with my parents, so I can't go to the doctor on my own. And as you can imagine, this is very awkward. So any at home remedies would be great.

Thanks!

I have the same thing.i was reallly really worried it was herpes or something serious and scary but i went to the doctors and she said sometimes your anus gets sensitive if your stooling alot and you can break out a little..mine hasnt gone away ,i dont kno if ive helped?

Hi
If going thru your parents is keeping you from the doctor..no worries. There are strict privacy rules in place today. Even if they are the insured parties and you are on the plan...you can have a private session with the doctor. Lumps or bumps mixed with blood are not good signs. Don't be afraid of the diagnosis....The greater fear should be not knowing and then missing an opportunity for a cure. Don't guess about lumps and blood in the anal area...Get it checked. The blood could be capillaries bursting from straining or something else minor, unless it's consistent and it's a significant amount of blood. However, when you have to concerns, it becomes more serious. The worst scenario being colon cancer...It's treatable, but only if it's caught in time. I know colon cancer survivors...but you've go to get properly diagnosed, whatever it is.

i have the same thing and i have same problem with parents!! :-( and im scared its cancer but im VERY shy and nervous and i have no clue what to do !!

Just soak your butt in a nice hot bath for 3 days and the bump should shrink. Also you could get some anal cream or antibioticcream like neosporin because i had gotten mine about 3 days ago plus i was on my period so not only did i have cramps but this was hurting alot. If you follow these suggestions you should be fine between 3-7 days at the latest. And also dont worry about your parents just tell them its common in alot of women and young girls and the doctor will handle it from there. So no worrying herpes or cancer just go in get it checked out if you want to. And doctors sometimes wont keep everything you talk about confidential so just be prepared. I hope this helped alot and i wish you all the best.

ingrown hair? I got a hairy anus!

...its hurts yaar...

i have the same but just soak it in some hot water for 5-days i went to the doctor they told me to do it

hey ...
i am facing similar problem. could you tell me which kind of doctor to consult - general or any kind of specialist ?

What if it hurts and it's uncomfortable?

If you still have problems get PreparationH

If you are a guy get your dad to have a look or if a girl get mother to look no big deal

I have a bump in the hole of my butt it hurts a little and it's scaring me what is it an what should I do

When I went into the shower, as soon as I spread my butt cheeks to clean the area it felt like being slit with a knife right up your ass (I had to stay in the shower for 30 min XD). But next day, it didn't hurt at all, but I noticed i had a lump as well. If it doesn't hurt, then its not a problem at all and it's not cancer (chill mate). Just make sure you eat a lot of veggies, not sit in the toilet for too long (5min +) and keep this up, then you'll be totally safe and that lump will go away ;)

Great ways that have worked for me to make the lump go away is to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and anything that contains a lot of fibres. Also drink plenty of water, maybe 7-8 cups of water daily. Doing these will effectively make your faeces soften, preventing constipation and having to strain. Straining makes the lump grow bigger. You must also wipe your anus softly with a tissue then wash it with warm or cool water. Also don't sit in the toilet for too long. It may sting every now and again but for every day you follow these steps, your body will heal naturally, and the pain will subside for every day. Good luck ;))))))