I have to get a bunion removed and a screw put in my big toe. I was wondering if anyone knows how long I will have to stop my spinning classes? I am getting married at the end of July and would be willing to stop for about a month, but not much longer.

Thanks,

L.Steel

I had a screw put in my big toe Nov 11. The surgeon cut the joint that had a bit of arthritus. I really wish I had not had it done. I am still walking with a limp and the surgeon said I have been unlucky and the healing has made some fibrous tissue grow that is preventing normal movement.
It has effected all the side of my leg and I have pain in my groin. I cannot walk for long and never wear any kind of heal just trainers.

If you are getting married I would not have it done. Too much stress and the bad result from the operation really lowered my spirit and my partner noticed a difference in my personality. I can feel the metal when I walk and I did go to a top surgeon.

There's no going back, and every day I regret consenting to this operation.

I wouldn't do it if I were you. Recoveries are usually different for everyone depending on their condition and the qualifications/experience of the doctor. Know your doctor and make sure he/she understands your condition very well before jumping and doing this procedure. I also really really really don't recommend you doing it until after.

Good luck!

I just had bunion surgery June 20. I am amazed at the recovery and very little pain I had, unless it was the pain medicine I was on for about 4days. I went back to the dr after a week and he changed my dressings. Looked great. I have to wait for 2 weeks after I saw him on the 27th to take everything off and shower.. I've been walking in a boot till Aug 1, when I go back.. Be ready, you can't drive for that long, it's illegel... sorry if I spelled that wrong.. I have to do the other foot and won't hesitate... Good Luck.

im in new york, where did you have ur bunion surgery done?

thanks

I just had bunion surgery June 20. I am amazed at the recovery and very little pain I had, unless it was the pain medicine I was on for about 4days. I went back to the dr after a week and he changed my dressings. Looked great. I have to wait for 2 weeks after I saw him on the 27th to take everything off and shower.. I've been walking in a boot till Aug 1, when I go back.. Be ready, you can't drive for that long, it's illegel... sorry if I spelled that wrong.. I have to do the other foot and won't hesitate... Good Luck

How are you doing with the recovery?

I had my right foot done on 12/23 and left on 1/6, and I am now back in shoes with very very little pain. The recovery was amazing - i'm sure it was because I went to a surgeon with glowing recommendations. I had one day of bad pain with foot 2, because of the weather, but aside from that, very little discomfort. The boot stayed on each foot for 10 days, and I was walking on each foot right after surgery. Just make sure you go to someone good! Must be an orthopedic surgeon, no podiatric surgeons.

You had both your feet done relatively close together. What type of surgery did you have? I thought you had to keep them elevated for certain periods of time - and not be able to drive. I want to get them both done, but I've got 2 small children- worried about the recoup time. Any suggestions? Why no podiatric surgeons?