i am a reletavly fit gym goer and there is not many exercises that i cant do in the gym. however as soon as i start running on the treadmill or go on the x trainer i get this horrible pain in the front of my right shoulder but it does not feel like it is in the joint but more muscular. resistance is never a problem although my right shoulder is alot tighter than the left. if anyone could help it would be much appreciated as i wish to take part in a 10k run this year.

many thanks

Perhaps you need to see the chiropractor and get it fixed. Whenever my right shoulder gets really tense, I know it's time to see the chiropractor. Give it a shot.

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a fix?

I hope you're doing great by now.

Guest wrote:

mattptuk wrote:

many thanks

I used to have the same problem as you. My orthotherapist recommended to use a balsam named Baume Ehrlich and It worked great!

Good Luck!

I used to have the same problem as you. My Orthotherapist recommended me to use the balsam Baume Ehrlich and It worked! No more pain in my shoulders.

Good Luck!

I used to have a similar problem in my left shoulder. It turned out that it was a bone spur, not at all what I thought it was. Just a calcium build-up that was easily shaved off with a little arthroscopic surgery. The pain in the front of the shoulder can be a number of things, including impingement, torn rotator cuff, etc. A tear will also cause pain when you lift your arm overhead and the pain will be quite stabbing.

You should always have this checked out by your physician to eliminate some real problems down the road.

Here are some thoughts:

-Could you have a pinched nerve that is being aggravated by the pressures exerted when you run?

-Could you have minor fracture in that area that is aggravated when you run?

-Could you have injured or strained your muscle during weight lifting.

Have you checked any of these things out?