I am middle aged man who suffers from burning pain in the foot. It’s been like this for a long time and I usually practice self treatment by cooling the feet and resting, spending less time standing. I recently find out that burning pain of the foot can be associated with serious conditions as blood disorders, vitamin deficiency or some trauma. I guess there are others middle-aged diseases which can cause this sensation. I am not sure who to refer to, orthopedist perhaps? Did anyone experience something like this? I’ll appreciate advice.

Hi, I am middle aged woman with same problem as you have. Well, I guess that in this age we all have same problems. I am having problem with feet for years, maybe because of the shoes with high heels that I’ve been wearing. Women shoes are often very uncomfortable. Because of my problem with blood pressure my ankles and feet are often swollen, they are sweaty and I have painful bunions. Sometimes there are wounds. I am using different ailments and creams for this. I have to tell you that burning pain of the foot can cause serious conditions, such as neuropathy that occurs in diabetics, chronic alcoholism, erythromelalgia, nerve entrapment, metatarsalgia, or Monton’s neuroma, beside those that you mentioned. You deffinetly should see a doctor.