I am a 42 year old man. Happily married. Not other sexual partners for at least 3 years. My wife as well has not had any sexual relations with anyone other than me. For 3 years we have engaged in unprotected sex, with no complications. this january I went to the NHS with a complaint of burning urine. I was given a test and a week later was told that I have Chlamydia. the only sign I have is the burning. NO discharge at the head of my penis. NO pain in my testicles. My wife was tested for all sorts of things including Chlamydia last october in a routine procedure in the hope that we could start having children. Her Chlamydia test came out negative. Really difficult times we have had with doctors just jumping to the assumption that one of us has had sex outside of the relationship. mistrust and fear was laid to rest with long talks, and now we are just looking for some answers. but the fact still remains that I have been diagnosed with Chlamydia.
so I guess the questions start here...
1. could I have had it for a long time, and not shown signs until now?
2. could my wifes test been wrong, or could mine have been wrong?
3. when a Chlamydia test goes wrong does it show up + or -?
4. could it be just a really bad urine tract infection?
5. can you get it, be treated, yet still infect someone?
6. Can the urine test be inaccurate? (men)
7. Can the swab test be inacurate? (women)
8. is there anyway to contract it other than sex?
9. is the bacteria only local? meaning if you have it in the anus and say not the throat, or vagaina?
10. can you have it long term and not show any signs? if so why after 3 years of sex do the symptoms decide to show up?

I hope that someone out there will be able to shed some light on this. we seem to be getting nowhere with the NHS. all they want to do is accuse one of us. like a bad technical support opperator.

thanks

jb

I have been in the same situation as you recently, with the same symptoms.
Have been in a relationship for years and visited my GP for what I believed was a UTI. The results came back as Chlyamidia.
The anti boitics cured it so either the diagnosis was wrong, or the doctors
label whatever bacterial infection I had as that because its the closest
'generic' thing to call it - or, ive had it for years and never known, or I
developed the bacteria/infection myself or picked it up some other way.
Can only possibly be one of those things I reckon.
I have just Googled Chlyamidia mis diagnosis and it seems there is some information there.

A couple of years ago the same thing happened to me. I had had sex outside of my marriage and picked up something that was diagniosed as chlamydia. When my wife got checked she was clear which meant that we had been together for about two years regularly having sex and she had not got it??

i am 19 years old and i am keep having a urine burn when i am letting it out .. the top of my penis hurts very badly when i am pissing .. i need help

similar experience w no outside sexual contact I went in a seedy video booth store and masturbated and got same symptoms immediately afterwards w no positive for the 6 tests Ive taken .finally got treated. well see what happens