I had a constant salty taste that suddenly changed to a butter taste

Which is a but better

I am guessing it has to do with some sort of sinus problem

Possible a mold or fungus in the sinus

same here buttery after taste after drinking water, any brand, faucet Etc...not taking any supplements help

I started to use neilmed sinus rinse and it went away.

Three times a day with distilled water.

a count of 250 is cheap at costco.

omg thats crazy - i have the same thing. Didnt think it was connected, but i have a buttery taste and my right eye has a flicker....did it stop? Did you find any resolution?

I have had this same problem that is why I looked at this site. After reading the posts I am wondering if it is either fish oil or Vitamin D drops. I thought it might be my lipstick. No one suggested that though. :)

I went to the doctor who was clueless. I then went to the dentist who told me that most unusual tastes in the mouth are caused by bacteria.
He told me to gargle 3 times a day with a mix of hydrogen peroxide and water and to brush my tongue with toothpaste.
I felt a difference in 2-3 days and was completely fine after about a week.

Weird what? I had a piece of toast a couple of years back and got a really bad taste in my mouth like the butter was bad or something was in the butter that had been there for a while. I remember the taste as it was very strong, almost a rotten egg taste. About two weeks ago I had eggs and got that same taste in my mouth and it was disgusting. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink now, that taste is there constantly. I am a smoker and a casual drinker so it quite alarming when everything leaves that After taste.

I have the answer. The normal bacteria in your mouth has been disrupted. This usually happens if you have an abscessed tooth or have a tooth or teeth with root canals. The buttery taste disgusting as it may be is the different bacteria in your saliva. This also happens to some people on antibiotics.

HI I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY BUTTERY SINUSES I USE STERIMAR NASAL HYGIENE ABOUT £6.99 FROM MOST CHEMISTS ITS BRILLIANT SQUIRT IT UP UR NOSE AND U FEEL RELIEVED IN MINUTES DO TRY IT. 

I am having the same issue. I notice this started happening after i drink bottled evian water that was left in my car for two days. I have sever cold symptoms before drinking that bottle. You and i have a similar situation

I cant believe I just read that, I have started on Omega 3 fish oil about a week ago and I think maybe I will stop until I go to the doctors.....could not figure out why everything tasted weird and you hit it right on the nose, thanks. I am supposed to take it because I have arterial something or other and they said I should start taking fish oil... I hope to God they have something else that would give me the same benefit....

Did you ever find out what caused this? I've just started having this taste too. Strange!

Please see my reply above as "mike russum". The "Buttery taste" is from the disruption of normal bacteria in your saliva. It could be from many different causes such as an abscess, drainage from a root canal, antibiotics or even as simple as a supplement that you currently take that may have disrupted your good bacteria that is normally in your mouth. Usually temporary but if you are experiencing any gum, jaw or tooth pain I suggest going to see an orthodontist ASAP before because the usual culprit is an abscessed tooth.

I think an undiscovered dental abscess is a very likely cause - that is what happened to me. My new dentist discovered a large infection in the gum and even the jaw bone below a five-year-old root canal done by a previous dentist. The tooth had always been uncomfortable but not painful, so I did not realize it was actually infected. I developed the buttery taste in my mouth for several weeks before treatment of the infection. After treatment the weird taste was gone.

ditto - had for about a week now - not unpleasant just wrong.MEDICAL