I also started experiencing the same buttery taste with everything I ate - and I also just recently started taking the Super Krill omega oil supplements.  That and I recently had a bad cold with a lot of congestion.  It sounds like both of these could be contributing factors.

I've had a kind of sweet buttery  taste in my mouth for the last few weeks too.  It's actually rather pleasant and seems to be comming from my right upper palate. I can't think of anything I've done that would cause it, except that I stopped using toothpaste and now brush with just a wet toothbrush. I'm wondering if It isn't some kind of bacterial growth that causes this taste.

Oh my goodness... I thought I was going NUTS!! Had this issue for a year, my doctors look at me like I'm crazy!! Say they too have never heard of such a thing. Just confirmation that others have experienced this helpful... BUT have you found a solution (or cause?). Thank you - Christine

I am not a doctor or medical person at all, but I have had this buttery taste for a few weeks now, after changing to a high fat, low carb diet.  I think it comes from either excess dairy or excess eggs.

I am experiencing the exact same thing! Also in great health.

what kind of toothpaste have you all been using?

Ive had a buttery creamy taste in my mouth. Seems to. E coming from the roof of my mouth. I feel a drainage coming tbrough my nasal passages but there is no fluid coming pot of my nose. This has gone on 7 weeks. I went to my doctor when I first noticed and he immediately put me on antacid reflux meds. He didnt take any xrays. I really feel this is draining from the sinus area into the tissues. I do have diabetes hbp. Never smoked or drank. Good oral hygeine. It bothers Every day.

Wierd. Glad I am not the only one l. 4 days so far for me. Yes I smoke, yes I drink always have. But on the flip I am very health conscious and knowledgeable on many supplements and detox methods. I have added 2 new supplements to my regiment. 1: Cell Food a body and cell originator 2: turmeric Curcumin a antinflamiory. Both will detox parts of the body that most other detox methods dont touch. With out changing my pretty decent diet I started getting this buttery taste about 5 days in. Not bad but annoying. Just a taste, no change in viscosity of mouth. Not coming from back or front just gets more intense I beleave when mouth salivates. No smell I have great hygiene. Just plain wierd. Unfortunately I have gotten no answers in this forum but I would say it was my body detoxing something from somewhere. Only other time I have ever had phantom tastes was when I was hydrated through an IV drip with saline from the hospital a couple of times. That's the closest reference I can use for this phantom taste.. woukd be nice to know the answer though!

mefoo, there is indeed an answer early on in the forum (a name such as mikerussum) that this buttery taste can happen from disruption of bacteria in the mouth. Can also indicate dental issues such as abcess, according to other readers. So if you're having any tooth, jaw or gum pains, recommend you get the area examined by a professional such as a dentist.

It's a sinus issue! I have had this disgusting buttery after taste for a week. I googled it and noticed a couple of people had said it was a sinus issue. I did a sinus rinse and hey presto it's gone! I haven't had a cold/ flu, no allergies or sinus issues before nor did I experience any other symptoms of a sinus infection apart from this buttery after taste which is POST NASAL DRIP. You need a SINUS RINSE to fix this. :)

I have been experiencing this buttery taste now for a month and it's driving me crazy! I cought a bad cough in late July and it bloomed into a bronchial nightmare! It lasted four months, now that I'm better I can't get rid of this taste of butter in my mouth! What is it?

I too am experiencing this butter taste. Especially on the roof of my mouth. I have had a cold for two weeks. But it's driving me nuts. Nothing takes it away. Eat healthy , not physical problems .......

Itoo have had this anoying phenomenon for the past 2 months and am sick of it. It alters the taste/flavor of everything I eat. Most noticeable when I eat oily/salt flavored foods. regardless all foods are impacted. Soemtimes its noticeable enough to cause my stomache to nauseat. I've only skimmed the subject on gall bladders and diabetes. Had anyone attributed weight gain before the onset?

I do take a fish oil pill every day, and I agree, this could be the culprit.

I have been having this buttery taste in my mouth for about two mnths now. I am a healthy eater, I don't take any supplements of any kind, I walk and am low body weight for my height. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink this buttery taste is constant. It is in my mounth as sooon as I wake up in the morning. I went to the dentist and there are no oral health concerns. I don't smoke and I drink very little and have no allergies. I have lived in the same house for 15 years with no changes in diet or anything. I am thinking it is some kind of a change in my saliva but can't figure out how to get this tested.