I'm here because I googled 'oily taste in mouth'. Had it for 2 months. don't take fish oil and haven't changed diet. No other health issues other than runny tummy which is likely unrelated. My wife now has it. So whatever it is, I suspect it is infectious. 

I have the same symptoms. It started when I drank a bunch of Starbucks in a can coffee. Add my allergies and everything has a snotty buttery after taste. I am going to try the rinse and to stay off the canned coffee for awhile.

My doctor told me to take 5,000 iu of vitamin d. After about a week I got the buttery taste. Never had it before. n.t.

Has anyone checked out tonsil stones?? I had just one, got rid of it, and the awful smell from it, but still have that "everything tastes like fat". Not horrible because EVERYTHING tastes good now!

Yes, you might be right about that. Within the last few months I've been doing the Bulletproof way of eating, and it's very high in fat I'm thinking it was just too high for my lymphatic system to take.

This is crazy, I have a twitching right eye and a buttery taste after everything I eat and drink, it's been going on for about 10 days. Did it go away for you? Interesting pineapple was mentioned, it developed dhen I was in the tropics eating pineapple every day did breakfast.

Would love some answers

Help

I have exact symptoms as you all for 4 days now too. I didn`t eat any sort of pine nuts, unless they were in the meals from a restaurant.I am going to see the doctor soon and will mention this phenomena. I am currently in CA.

It's pine nuts! I just read a fellow messenger saying pine nuts from China! Had them on my salad today! Kroger brand, imported from China!!! Couldn't figure it out, thought I was pregnant!!! Lol

I've had this buttery taste for a few days as well - definitely not due to nuts as I don't eat them - I've had a cold, was using cod liver oil tablets but haven't taken them for a couple of weeks now. Otherwise don't know what has caused it or how long it will last.

I too have a creamy buttery taste/sort of feel in my mouth, especially when I eat/drink. It's been going on for about 3 days, and the only abnormal thing is I have cold - stuffed up nose, post-nasal drip, cough, etc. No fever, no diet changes, etc. I am allergic to honey, but that's all. :/ SO strange!

I have had this phenomenon for about a month now! Have read every post here and there are multiple conclusions. Change in bacteria from something- could be an infection, pine nuts (not in my case), abscess (hope not), sinuses, etc. I just want to know if there is a name for it.. So I can find a specialist that will know what I'm talking about!! I'm in Los Angeles.

I have it as well! Had it for the past week or so - thought it might be caused by a cold/chest infection i've had recently.

Beer tastes particularly awful!

Have you eaten pine nut recently? That is what mine was from. Lasted for a couple months before it completely went away. Coffee was the only thing that could eliminate that butter taste.

Yes, for over a week I have had a strange rancid butter-like taste that gets stronger with eating or drinking. I take supplements including fish oil but that is nothing new. After reading these posts I realized that I began eating more raw walnuts and pecans in my efforts to cut down on less healthy snacks. I wonder if roasting or cooking the nuts will control for this effect?

Ive recently started this taste. May i ask if you found the cause? Also, do youu still experience it?