Hello mighty, it's been a year since you've posted this. Did you ever find out? I also have a twitch in my right eye and "buttery" taste..

ya weird wish I could get did of it but it sounds harmless pretty sure it's unrelated to fish though as fish and fish oil are not part of my diet I first noticed it after cheesy ravioli and pesto

Could this be a sodium deficiency?

So odd, I looked here to find out more about the butter taste and also have eye twitch at same time but with left eye. Thought I'd share but doubt connection.

I have the twitch and the milky taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have had this, but I have refrained from taking my fish oil capsules, and the taste is receding. Someone told me that fish oil capsules are already off when they leave the warehouse, but my container states use by June 2019.
I have forwarded a message to the supplier.

I noticed the buttery taste the same day I started using some new skin care products. Not sure if it is related but would be interested to know if anyone else started a new skin care routine that coincides.

Did you ever figure this out? I am now experiencing this. But mostly with bottled water.

I guess no ones found out why its happening.. I think ill call a few doctors. Its been hapoening to me for like a week . Ive also had a dry bad cough that doesnt seem contagious for about two weeks now. It feels like buttery oil in my mouth and tbroat and its so annoying. I mean its not horrible flavored but breathing and not being able to swallow it away ect is horrific. Its like your mouths lathered and it wont go away.

For me, I believe it was definitely because I was eating too much Tilapia (a fish high in Omega 3's) and there was too much oily build up in my body.

Hah! I do smoke and I do drink and I do a whole lot of other bad things, and still I have felt a totally strange buttery taste in my mouth for several days. Like everything I eat is buttered... it’s totally new to me. But I’m sitting here smoking a fine cigar and all I can taste is butter. It started when I had a small piece of Swiss cheese from work.

I’m literally smoking a butter flavored cigarette right now. It is the most bizarre thing my body has ever done.

I googled 'buttery taste in mouth' and found this topic. At first, I thought it was a new brand of pizza I bought and it was so delicious and buttery. But then I was getting it at other times. It has been happening on and off for a month now.

I do have a post-nasal drip but I have had that forever. No gum/dental issues.

Looking around the web I see other sites that have the same question posted but no definitive answers.

I am just adding to my reply above.

I just saw above that Druv Gupta, MD answered this question. https://www.steadyhealth.com/medical-answers/alteration-in-taste-perception

Hypothyroid has usually caused a metallic taste in my mouth but I can't rule out a buttery taste is being caused by this condition. It is just weird that this taste came out of nowhere and I have had this disease for years now.

The buttery taste in my mouth (a few years ago) was definitely caused by eating Tilapia for days on end. I believe there was too much Omega 3 oil built up in my body and it caused the weird taste in my mouth. It went away when I stopped eating so much of that fish. At the time, I didn't like Salmon and found out Tilapia is high in Omega 3 oils as well. I do like Salmon now, but I don't eat it every day.

I am experiencing the same thing. I am 53, smoke, overweight but otherwise healthy.