I also have started having a buttery taste in my mouth all the time. It's not bad just really strange. I shall repost if anything actually comes of it.

To everyone that has posted. YES! I have had many of these issues myself and can figure out why!

please do! I'm drinking water right now and still taste it!

I too have had this, I do smoke, drink my whisky and use organic coconut oil in my coffee.

It is kind of weird.......

Me too - it's been around for 2 months now and it's driving me nuts - it's especially bad after eating high fat foods like crisps, although even after an apple I can taste it. So many people seem to have it but I can't find any solutions. My dentist had never heard of it and said there was no infection in my mouth. Has anyone on this thread come up with any solutions to getting rid of it??

Did anyone ever find out what caused the buttery taste and did you get over it?

I have the same buttery. Taste and my left eye is often bloodshot or swollen!

Sounds like an abscess. I'd get it checked. Are you running a fever? If so, definitely means you have an infection. I've come to the conclusion that the buttery taste is from newer or different than usual bacteria in the mouth, sometimes from an infection or abcessed tooth.

Mine was from an abscess or the antibiotics I was taking for the abscess - it disrupted the normal bacteria that lives in my mouth. The new bacteria had a buttery flavor. Once my normal resident bacteria came back the buttery taste was gone.

I now think mine is due to eating fat/sugar. If I eat fruit or raw veg I don't get the buttery taste, but if I have butter, crisps, cream, sugar, sweets, coke etc then the after taste of butter goes into overdrive. I have bought some acid reflux tablets but have yet to see results. I've also recently become allergic to gluten - is it an age thing? I'm only 30!

Wow, I'm always happy to find I'm not the only one. My butter taste is like when you eat those chocolate wafers that have the creamy butter taste. I however have some serious dental issues just finished antibiotics for two of my teeth when it has begun. Very pleasant but very weird for sure! I am a smoker too. I'm overweight but I do eat mostly healthy foods. I take only vitamin c and super b complex. So I guess it could be a number of reasons but I will definitely be looking into it.

I am having that same buttery taste for a mth

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the exact same symptoms except it's my left eye twitching but I have the but try taste and it makes all food taste gross for me :(

When I am in Ketosis my mouth taste like butter

Well... I just stumbled upon this thread because I've noticed a buttery taste in my mouth and on my lips for at least 3 now. Like the others here, it's not a bad taste. I keep finding myself licking my lips. I taste it even while brushing my teeth *sigh*
One thing I can add though.... as time goes on, it seems to be getting saltier.